The B.S. in Music Industry Studies (MIS) is a liberal arts degree created in cooperation with the Darla Moore School of Business and the UofSC Sport and Entertainment Management program. Coursework includes traditional music theory, history and performance, along with classes focused in music business, marketing and recording skills. This degree is intended to provide students with skills to achieve a career in the music industry through experiential learning opportunities, enhanced classroom learning as well as providing real-world knowledge of music venues, artists, recording studios and music businesses of all types.
- 2 years of lessons on instrument(s) of your choice
- 1 year of music theory classes
- Recording Arts classes (audio, recording, mixing, etc.)
- Music Industry Chat series - engaging
- Apply to University of South Carolina
- Personal statement essay - what are your experiences and why is the University of South Carolina the right fit for you?
- Digital portfolio showcasing your experience in Music Industry
- Optional audition (necessary for scholarship/applied lesson consideration)
- Interview with the MIS team
For more information, contact Jennifer Mitchell, Assistant Director of Music Admissions, at (803) 777-4281 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.