These grants are designed to aid the implementation of creative elements in teaching. Proposals are welcome from all faculty and staff who interact with students within and beyond the classroom.
- Encourage a creative musical culture
- Support faculty and staff experimenting with new ideas
- Encourage collaboration between faculty, staff and students
- Encourage activities and initiatives that support School of Music Distinct Values
Deadline for proposals is March 25, 2022 at 5:00pm.
Awards will be announced by April 26, 2022.
Awards up to $1,500 are available for projects realized in the 2022/23 academic year and may be used in a number of ways, including but not limited to:
- Class related expenses
- Support for student projects
- Professional development
Eligible applicants include all School of Music faculty and staff who impact the learning environment at the University of South Carolina School of Music. We encourage applications from all music disciplines: applied, ensembles, education, academic, etc.
Previous winners are welcome to reapply to fund new projects or new initiatives within existing projects. Submissions may come from individuals or teams.
A final 1-page summary should be submitted no more than 90 days after the project has been completed. Please include photographs, video, or media as applicable.