Why Study Strategic Innovation
Over the last two decades, entire industries have been restructured to accommodate rapid technological change and the continued innovation and growth needed to remain competitive.
The Strategic Innovation Certificate is designed to address this demand by preparing students to successfully navigate an increasingly complex technological environment and develop the skills needed to strategically manage science, technology and innovation in the workforce.
Designed for working professionals and graduate students from all disciplines, the certificate includes three core strategic management courses with a customizable elective choice to match individual goals and priorities.
All candidates pursuing this certificate are required to complete four courses (12 credit hours) with a GPA of 3.0 or better in each course.
- MGMT 733: Strategic Management of Technology and Innovation
- MGMT 776: Strategic Innovation Planning and Processes
- MGMT 775: Strategic Analysis and Application of Innovation*
*Required prerequisite of either MGMT 733 or MGMT 776
Select one course from the following list:
- ACCT 741: Special Topics in Accounting
- FINA 746: Risk Management
- FINA 773: Project Finance
- IBUS 719: Social Networks and Global Leadership
- IBUS 720: International Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- IBUS 742: Organizational Misconduct
- MGSC 777: Advanced Quantitative Methods in Business
- MGSC 779: Innovation and Design
- MGSC 796: Information Systems
- MKTG 704: Consumer Behavior
- MKTG 723: Marketing Analytics
Who Should Apply
The program is open to current graduate students at the Darla Moore School of Business or the University of South Carolina as well as working professionals who are not enrolled in degree program. Those interested in developing the skills needed to strategically manage innovation, science, and technology are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Current Moore School Graduate Students
Moore School graduate students need to complete a concurrent enrollment form. Contact your program director with any questions.
Non-Moore School Students / Non-Degree Seeking Students
Students who are not currently enrolled in a graduate program at the Moore School need to apply through the Graduate School at USC and are strongly encouraged to enroll in either MGMT 733 or MGMT 776 as their first certificate course.
The program has a rolling deadline. You may apply at any time.