As an accounting student, you can take advantage of a mentoring program that pairs you with practicing accountants, and our winter internship program provides extensive hands-on experience that leads to job offers for nearly all participants. A degree in accounting can lead to careers in public or private accounting, budget planning, tax accounting or auditing. Thanks to our generous alumni and corporate partners, some accounting-specific scholarships are available.
- Develops your ability to analyze and solve financial problems
- Offers a mentoring program that pairs interested students with
- Leads to careers in public or private accounting, budget planning,
tax accounting or auditing
This major is a good fit if you...
- Want to understand business as a whole, not just in pieces
- Are good at using information, especially numbers, to solve problems
- Seek a profession that is always in high demand
Why should you enroll?
- Accountants can find work in nearly every industry sector.
- The School of Accounting maintains strong ties with the accounting community, which create valuable professional opportunities for our students.
- Our winter internship program provides extensive hands-on experience and leads to job offers for almost 100 percent of participants.
View the details of the accounting major curriculum.
- Our graduates will be able to apply generally accepted financial reporting principles in a broad range of business transactions.
- Our graduates will understand techniques used in determining costs, preparing budgets, and measuring the performance of a business unit.
- Our graduates will understand the regulatory framework that governs financial reporting and auditing in the United States.
- Our graduates will understand the ethical dilemmas faced by accountants and how to respond to such dilemmas based on regulatory guidance.
- Our graduates will understand the accounting issues associated with international business activities.
- Our graduates will understand how technology is used in current organizational environments, especially as it concerns business decisions using accounting information systems.