Darla Moore School of Business
|Office:||Darla Moore School of Business, Room 456F|
|Resources:||Curriculum Vitae [PDF]|
Dongmei Li joined the finance faculty at the Moore School in 2014. She was an assistant professor of finance at the Rady School of Management at University of California, San Diego. Prior to that, she had worked at Sanford Bernstein and Deutsche Bank. She earned her Ph.D. in finance from the Wharton School at University of Pennsylvania in 2007.
Li’s area of expertise is investment-based asset pricing, behavioral finance, financial constraints, R&D, innovation and real options. She has published in leading academic journals such as the Journal of Financial Economics, Review of Financial Studies, and the Journal of Finance. She is the associate editor of the Journal of Empirical Finance since 2017.
- Valuation of new trademarks (with Po-Hsuan Hsu, Qin Li, Siew Hong Teoh, and Kevin Tseng) — forthcoming, Management Science
- More cash, less innovation: The effect of the American jobs creation act on patent value” (with Heitor Almeida, Po-Hsuan Hsu, and Kevin Tseng), forthcoming, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis.
- Hirshleifer, David, Po-Hsuan Hsu and Li, Dongmei, “Innovative originality, profitability, and stock returns,” Review of Financial Studies, 2018, 31, 2553-2605.
- Kumar, Praveen and Dongmei Li, "Capital investment, innovative capacity, and stock returns," Journal of Finance, 2016, 71, 2059-2094.
- Hirshleifer, David, Po-Hsuan Hsu and Dongmei Li, "Innovative efficiency and stock returns," Journal of Financial Economics, 2013, 107, 632-654.
- Li, Dongmei, "Distinguishing rational and behavioral models of momentum," Quarterly Journal of Finance, 2013, 3, 1-30.
- Li, Dongmei, "Financial constraints, R&D investment, and stock returns," Review of Financial Studies, September 2011, 2974-3007.
- Li, Dongmei and Lu Zhang, "Does q-theory with investment frictions explain anomalies in the cross section of returns?," Journal of Financial Economics, November 2010, 297-314.
- Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania, 2007
- Master in Finance, Princeton University, 2003
- M.S., University of Maryland, College Park, 2001
- B.S., Renmin University, 1996