If you do not have substantial prior coursework in linguistics (graduate coursework or an undergraduate degree), you should apply for the summer session.
- Major: Linguistics
- Degree: Doctor of Philosophy
- School/College: Arts and Sciences
See the program curriculum and learn about admission.
Ready to apply? Take note of any deadlines and documents required for this degree program.
Priority Deadline (for assistantship consideration): December 15
Final Application Deadline: May 1
- Official Transcripts
- Official GRE Score (optional for admissions through Fall 2023)
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- TOEFL/IELTS Score (international students)
- Personal Statement
- Writing Sample
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
Applications Accepted for These Semesters...
- Fall Semester
- Summer Semester
Areas of Concentration
- Anthropological Linguistics
- English/French/German/Spanish Linguistics
- Historical Linguistics
- Philosophy of Language
- Phonological Theory
- Second/Foreign Language Acquisition
- Syntactic Theory
- Teaching English as A Second/Foreign Language