Faculty and Staff
College of Engineering and Computing
|Office Hours:||300 Main Street, Room A112, Columbia, SC 2920|
|LinkedIn:||My LinkedIn profile|
Tissue engineering, Luminescence biomaterials, Soft tissue mechanical characteristics, Electromagnetic waves and signaling in scaffolding and tissue regeneration, Thermodynamics of proteins interactions.
- Ph.D., Biomedical Engineering, Polytechnic University of Tehran, 2016
- M.S., Biomedical Engineering-Biomaterials, Polytechnic University of Tehran, 2010
- B.S., Biomedical Engineering, Polytechnic University of Tehran, 2007
- Azadeh Sepahvandi and Esmaiel Jabbari, "Decellularized Articular Cartilage Microgels as Microcarriers for Expansion of Mesenchymal Stem Cells", Gels, 2022.
- Azadeh Sepahvandi, M.monavarian, S.Kader, E. Jabbari. “Decellularized
Articular Cartilage Microparticles for Expansion of Mesenchymal Stem Cells
and Zonal Regeneration of Articular Cartilage”.Biorxiv, 2021.
- Azadeh Sepahvandi, M.Ghaffari, B.Butler, M.Mozaffari. “COVID-19: insights into virus–receptor interactions”, Molecular biomedicine, 2021.
- Azadeh Sepahvandi, F.Moztarzadeh, M. Eskandari. “Drug delivery systems to the posterior segment of the eye: Implants and Nanoparticles (Review)”,Bionanoscience. 2016, 276-283.
- Azadeh Sepahvandi, M.Eskandari, F.Moztarzadeh. “Fabrication and characterization of SrAl2O4: Eu2+Dy3+/CS-PCL Electrospun Nanocomposite Scaffold for Retinal Tissue Regeneration”, material science and engineering C: Materials for Biological Applications. 2016, 306-314.
- Azadeh Sepahvandi, M.Eskandari, F.Moztarzadeh. “Photoluminescence and decay characteristics of PEGilated long lasting nanophosphors for tissue engineering applications”, Biointerface Research in Applied Chemistry. 2016, 78-90.
- Azadeh Sepahvandi, F.Moztarzadeh, M.Mozafari, M.Ghaffari. “Photoluminescence in the characterization and early detection of biomimetic bone-like apatite formation on the surface of alkaline-treated titanium implant”, State of the art, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces In Press. 2011, 390-396.
- Maryam Ghaffari, F.Moztarzadeh, A.Sepahvandi, M.Mosafari, Sh.Faghihi. “How bone marrow-derived human mesenchymal stem cells respond to poorly crystalline apatite coated orthopedic and dental titanium implants”, Ceramics International. 2013, 7793-7802.
- Book of "Retinal Tissue Engineering" ,Professor moztarzadeh and Dr Sepahvandi, 2017, Amirkabir University of Technology Publication.
- US Patent in Retina Tissue Engineering, 2020
- Top Ten Winners IBRIDGEs Berlin Innovation Festival, 2016 IBRIDGE Innovation, Berlin, Germany
- Best PhD theses among all university majors, 2016, Polytechnic University of Tehran