"Matsuba Gakuen" South Carolina Japanese Language Supplementary School
The mission of this school is to create a continuously improving environment that will provide children of Japanese parentage, who reside in South Carolina, with training in Japanese language as a mother language and an understanding of Japanese culture, in order to improve children's abilities to adapt to the Japanese educational environment after their return to Japan.
With the cooperation of students, their guardians and instructors, the school will provide an interesting and enjoyable learning environment to insure that the students receive a thorough understanding of Japanese culture.
The school will allow students to experience Japanese culture through traditional Japanese events and field activities as well as through learning Japanese language and mathematics in the classroom.
The guardians and school board committee members will cooperate in their efforts to continually improve the effectiveness of the educational environment.
Qualifications for Admission:
Admission to the school is restricted to students who satisfy each of the following criteria:
- Elementary students must be at least six years old when beginning school in April.
- Kindergarten students must be between four and five years old.
- In principle, the children should be of Japanese parentage.
- The students must be recognized as appropriate to the purposes of the school.
* Note: Children who wish to enter the school and who do not meet the admission requirements outlined above may be admitted upon the approval of the Steering Committee. For further information, please visit: http://www.matsubagakuen.org