- Summer school credits earned at another institution and accepted by the University
of South Carolina may be used toward the credit hour requirement. However, only the
University of South Carolina cumulative grade point average will be considered for
the 3.00 grade point average requirement. Remedial courses are not considered toward
the credit hour requirement. Please keep in mind that if you need hours earned during
summer to meet the renewal criteria, your eligibility for the Palmetto Fellows Scholarship
cannot be determined until the University of South Carolina has received and processed
your final summer school transcript.
- If you plan to graduate before completing eight semesters and will be enrolling for
12 hours during the summer term at the University of South Carolina Columbia, you
may be eligible to receive a semester of your Palmetto Fellows Scholarship during
the summer. In order to receive this funding during the summer, you must meet all
Palmetto Fellows Scholarship renewal criteria at the end of the spring semester, plan
to graduate in less than eight semesters and enroll in 12 hours of course work at
the University of South Carolina Columbia for the summer term. Please note the following:
- The receipt of a Palmetto Fellows award during the summer term will count as one of your eight semesters of eligibility for the award. If you receive a Palmetto Fellows award during the summer and are unable to graduate early as planned, your total allowable Palmetto Fellows funding will be expended before you graduate.
- Use of Palmetto Fellows funding in the summer may not be the most financially advantageous use of these funds when considering the cost of summer enrollment as compared to a traditional semester. Carefully consider all options.
- Please contact the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships for more details
and to apply for a summer Palmetto Fellows award by the deadline.
If you participate in a university-sponsored co-op program during the fall or spring semester, you are not eligible to receive the Palmetto Fellows Scholarship and the Palmetto Fellows Enhancement Scholarship for that semester. You will only need to complete a total of 15 hours for the year and maintain a 3.00 University of South Carolina cumulative grade point average to be eligible the following year.