- If you plan to graduate before completing eight semesters and will be enrolling for
12 hours during the summer term at the University of South Carolina Columbia, you
may be eligible to receive a semester of your LIFE Scholarship during the summer.
In order to receive this funding during the summer, you must meet all LIFE Scholarship
renewal criteria at the end of the spring semester, plan to graduate in less than
eight semesters and enroll in 12 hours of course work at UofSC for the summer term.
Please note the following:
- The receipt of a LIFE Scholarship award during the summer term will count as one of your eight semesters of eligibility for the award. If you receive a LIFE Scholarship award during the summer and are unable to graduate early as planned, your total allowable LIFE Scholarship funding will be expended before you graduate.
- Use of LIFE Scholarship funding in the summer may not be the most financially advantageous use of these funds when considering the cost of summer enrollment as compared to a traditional semester. Carefully consider all options.
- Please contact the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships for more details
and to apply for a summer LIFE Scholarship award by the deadline.
- Summer school credits earned at any institution and accepted by UofSC may be used toward the credit hour requirement. The grade point average requirement must be based on the LIFE grade point average. Please refer to the renewal requirements for continuing students. Remedial courses are not considered toward the credit hour or grade point average requirement. Please keep in mind that if you need hours or grades earned during summer to meet the renewal criteria, your eligibility for the LIFE Scholarship cannot be determined until the University of South Carolina has received and processed your final transcript.
- If you participate in a university-sponsored co-op program during the fall or spring semester, you are not eligible to receive the LIFE Scholarship and the LIFE Scholarship Enhancement for that semester. However, you may elect to receive the LIFE Scholarship and the LIFE Scholarship Enhancement for the summer sessions immediately following the co-op program. A summer payment can be made only if you enroll for at least 12 hours total during the summer.
- If you do not receive the LIFE Scholarship for the summer, you will only need to complete an average of 15 hours for the year and maintain a 3.00 LIFE grade point average to be eligible the following year.
- If you do receive the LIFE Scholarship for the summer, you must complete an average of 27 hours for the year and maintain a 3.00 LIFE grade point average to be eligible the following year.