With the emergence of workplace violence, we want to ensure the University of South Carolina is a safe and healthy place to work. We provide training programs that instruct individuals how to handle a possible occurrence of violence at work.
Violence in the Workplace Course
This workshop addresses the emergence of violence in the workplace and targets the need for careful threat assessment, intervention, critical incident response and crisis management. Participants will learn how to defuse hostile and potentially dangerous behavior of co-workers, disgruntled employees, customers or domestic violence offenders in the workplace.
- Become problem solvers equipped to maintain their own safety and the safety of their co-workers.
- Learn to identify signs of potentially violent behavior that could escalate.
- Gain critical skills to defuse situations before they become violent.
- Build employees’ confidence in their ability to help avoid a dangerous incident at work.
- Learn appropriate responses to threats of violence and learn what to do if violence erupts.
Who should attend
University managers and supervisors.