Make An Anonymous Tip
Keep yourself safe and help protect our campus by taking an active role in reporting crimes to us. If you see a suspicious person or activity, please report it immediately to the USC Police by calling 911 or 803.777.4215.
You can also send anonymous tips from your phone through the Rave Guardian Safety App or by texting “TIPSC” and your message to CRIMES (274637). Crimestoppers does not use Caller ID or record phone calls and may pay up to $1,000 for tips that lead to the arrest of suspects or the recovery of stolen property and drugs.
Examples of suspicious activity include:
- You overhear someone bragging about having committed a crime.
- You know someone is driving a stolen car or is hiding from the police.
- You know someone has hurt someone, robbed someone or is dealing drugs.
- You see something that doesn’t look right – a strange car, a person acting suspiciously, a person with a gun, knife or other lethal weapon.
- Strangers knocking on your door or entering or leaving your neighbor’s apartment or loitering in hallways between buildings, bike racks, carports or garages or on sidewalks.
- Persons seen trying doors or looking into windows of buildings or vehicles.
- Suspicious sounds like screams or breaking glass.